Continuous Testing Evolved
Continuous Testing (CT) is a developer practice that shortens the feedback loop established by Test Driven Development. It gives you near instant feedback about the correctness of your code, and helps you find bugs as quickly as syntax errors. This session will cover how CT has evolved in the last year, it’s current capabilities, and limitations. The presenters will also show several demos of the practice using freely available continuous testing tools, and examine how these tools can be integrated with existing infrastructure to bring the benefits of CT to a wider audience.
This session will be divided into four parts:
1. Background - Will review the practices of TDD and CI and how they both relate to the principle of rapid feedback.
2. Introduction to Continuous Testing - What is the practice of CT, what are its benefits, and how do CT tools work.
3. Continuous Testing Tools - An exploration of some of the CT Tools available, driven by several live demos.
4. Case Studies - An examination of how Continuous Testing was used to develop various open source and commercial projects, the impact of CT on those projects, and how the practice of CT evolved during the projects.
- Understand the benefits of Continuous Testing
- See how the practice of Continuous Testing complements and extends the practices of continuous integration and test driven development
- Learn Patterns of Continous Testing
- Discover tools for Continuous Testing
- Explore beyond Test Driven Development