Agile AJAX: The Google Web Toolkit Experience
15 minutes: Challenge #2: Automated testing is hard. GWT’s JUnit support including GWTTestCase.
5 minutes: Q&A
For each challenge, we’ll present GWT’s solution and discuss where it excels and where it struggles.
This experience report will be based upon two articles Dan wrote for Better Software magazine:
- Google Web Toolkit: Your Shortcut to AJAX Applications (Oct. 2008)
- Google Web Toolkit: Building AJAX Applications Test-First (Nov. 2008)
For those attendees who want to know more about how to build a GWT application test-first, a detailed demonstration will be presented with live coding examples in a longer testing-focused session.
- Learn the basics of how GWT works
- Understand how GWT approaches three common challenges of AJAX applications: Automated testing, Cross-browser support, and rapid system evolution.
- Tips for enabling Agile development of GWT applications
- Attendees will receive a list of resources to help start writing and testing GWT applications